Renewing your driver training instructor's licence
Your instructor licence is valid for two years and must be renewed.
The basic requirements to renew an instructor's licence are:
- acceptable driving record
- medical evaluation completed by your physician, and
- criminal record search completed no more than one year prior to your application date by police or RCMP detachment.
If you have any debts owing to ICBC, these may need to be paid before an instructor's licence is issued.
How to renew
- Complete the application package
- Mail the $30 licence fee — plus $15 for each additional licence (cheque payable to ICBC).
We'll mail your renewal package six months before your licence expires.
- your completed renewal forms, and
- $30 licence fee — and $15 for each additional licence (cheque payable to ICBC).
After processing your application, we'll send you a new driver training instructor's licence.
What if I don't renew my instructor licence before the expiry date?
You must not teach any driver training beyond the expiry date. Delivering driver training without a valid driver training instructor licence is an offence under the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations and is subject to a fine of up to $2,000.