Updates to driver training and learner licence statistics
02 March 2018
Driver training and learner licence statistics have been updated on our Driver training statistics page for:
- learner licences issued
- instructor designations issued
- ICBC-approved courses taken, and
- number of licensed driving schools — by month and year.
Crash, violation and road test pass rate stats for drivers who take approved driver training
Crash, violation and road test pass rate stats for GLP drivers who completed an ICBC-approved driver education (GLP) course are now available on our Driver training statistics page.
The stats show that GLP drivers who completed a GLP course:
- were between 9% and 13% less likely to be at fault in a crash while in GLP
- were about 4% less likely to receive a violation in their first year of holding their Class 7 (novice) driver’s licence, and
- had a 19% higher first-attempt pass rate on their Class 7 road test.
You can visit the icbc.com newsroom for 2016 crash statistics — that includes crashes involving fatal victims — and stats relating to auto crime and vehicle population.